YOUR FAITHFUL GUIDE TO WEDDING STATIONERY AND ALL THE RULES OF PAPER ETIQUETTE.
After all the excitement of your engagement you have delved into the all-important planning of your big day. You have set the date, chosen your venue and have started wedding dress seemingly never-ending list of wedding related tasks? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to let everyone know about your approaching nuptials by choosing and sending your wedding invitations and related stationery! Your wedding stationery is an integral element of your big day. Not only does it let guests know about the crucial information they need to get to the venue on the right day at the right what to expect on the big day itself. This will showcase your personal style and taste to the masses. First impressions count when it comes to wedding invitations so make it the right one.
10 WEDDING INVITE RULES
1. Write invites in the third person.
2. Always put the bride’s name before the groom’s.
3. Names, times and places should be put on separate lines.
4. Indicate the time and place first, followed by the location.
5. If the children of guests are invited, their names can be included on their parents’ invite.
6. Religious ceremonies often use the invitational phrase: ‘The honour of your presence’ while civil ceremonies often use: ‘The pleasure of your company’.
7. Use correct titles where appropriate, i.e. Dr, Mrs, etc.
8. Make sure you post your invitations at least six weeks before the wedding, giving guests time to make arrangements.
9. Include a cut-off date for RSVP and an address to send it to.
10. It is good manners to include a note if you cannot accommodate children or vice versa, if you have arranged specialtreats for young invitees.