I’ve never met a couple who haven’t been glad they had an engagement shoot, or E-shoot as they’re know in wedding world! Even if you love or hate having your photo taken an engagement shoot is one thing you will look back on and be glad you did it. Not sure if it’s right for you, here’s five reasons why we are saying a big yes!
1. Practice makes perfect. If you prefer to be the person behind the camera, your E-shoot is great practice for your big day, without the added pressure of it actually being your big day. You’ll have no guests watching, you won’t be nervous about saying I Do and you most likely won’t be wearing a huge dress- or maybe you will!
2. Knowing me, knowing you. During your E-shoot you will get to know your photographer so much more than at just a brief meeting before the big day. Your photographer will get to know you much better too, meaning you’ll all get the best results on your wedding day.
3. It’s a great time to celebrate. Many couples often forget to enjoy their period of engagement simply because they are so busy planning their wedding. Take a step back, enjoy the time and let your engagement photos capture that special time in your lives.
4. Trust us, you will forget any planning woes that you’re currently having! An engagement shoot will give you the ability to take a step back and jump into the moment again, ultimately enjoying it and focusing on the great things going on.
5. The result – your engagement images will be, not only gorgeous to look at, but pretty handy too! From displaying them on your big day to using them on your stationery, there are lots of ways to incorporate your images into your wedding day.
Thinking of an engagement shoot, ask your photographer, we bet they’ll be up for it!
Images via Charis Rowland Photography