After the bride and groom, and maids of course are all ready with their wedding outfits, attention will soon turn to dressing your mums. These important ladies who have dreamt of this day for a very long time also have to feel that they look beautiful on their son or daughters big day. Getting their outfit right is not always easy, so today we’ve put together some tips on how to get it spot on! Plus, we’re sharing some of our favourite looks for this Spring and Summer season.
1. Dress for your personality. Many mums set out looking an ‘age appropriate’ outfit, we say forget this! If you’re full of life and vitality let it shine through in the outfit you choose, age is only but a number.
2. Consider day to night dressing. If you fancy a dress and jacket combo remember to think about how the dress will appear in the evening when you remove the jacket. If you want to keep your arms covered could you swap the jacket for a lighter wrap or would you feel comfortable in only the dress.
3. Ruches and pleats, that’s all we’re saying! If you’ve lumps or bumps that you’d prefer weren’t taking centre stage, dresses with ruching and pleating work wonders at disguising this area. And don’t forget the amazing work your underwear will do to an outfit, choose supportive underwear that flatters and accentuates your assets.
4. Wear sensible shoes! There is nothing worse than an immaculately dressed mother of the bride who hobbles up the aisle! Choose footwear that you can walk in at least until you make it to the wedding breakfast!
5. Just like when the bride chooses her wedding gown, choose the right people to go shopping with you. Whether it’s the bride, bridesmaids or your best friend if they approve you’ll feel more confident.
6. Confer with the other mum! Whilst the mother of the bride wants to complement the bridesmaids, having a quick check with the mother of the groom is a good idea so that your outfits don’t clash.
These five stylish outfits have caught our eye for obvious standout and be gorgeous reasons!