There are areas of your wedding that will be so easy, like choosing what flavour of wedding cake to have, what to dress your groom in and who to choose as your attendants. When it comes to the floral side of your wedding day, many couples are left a little lost, mainly because they are afraid of the huge, complicated names and sometimes because of the sheer variety to choose from! Today, we’re letting you in on a secret – choose the perfect florist for your job, and your flower choices will become oh so easy! Here’s our top tips on choosing the perfect person for your day…
– Do you need a florist or a floral designer? There is a huge difference. A florist will use exactly the flowers and colours you ask for to arrange each display, whilst a floral designer will use their creative expertise to guide you down the right path and give you an overall floral scheme for the day. Of course, there is a difference in costs for both these services, which is why your budget should realistically reflect what service you want.
– Look locally, ask trusted friends and do a bit of online watching! If you’re in a marriage prep bubble, chances are a lot of your family and friends will be at that stage also. Asking friends and family is a great was of getting opinions that you can trust. Also remember to follow your favourites on Facebook and Instagram to get a feel for their work.
– Look for the spark! Each florist or floral designer will have lots, maybe even hundreds of weddings in the same year as yours, but if they make you feel like your’s is the only wedding in the world, thats a great sign! During your initial consultation you will know whether there is a spark or not.
– Are they happy with your budget? Your budget can be one of the huge factors on deciding which service you go with. If the florist feels they can deliver what you want with your budget, this is a great start, but remember to request written quotes detailing everything they will provide on your wedding day.
– Share a mood board with them. Most florists and floral designers are big fans of Pinterest and you should be too! Start a dream florals board and share with them so you can both have an insight to what you are thinking of.