Summer is by far still the most popular time of year to get married and just look outside your window right now to see why! Okay so we can’t promise your summer wedding will get weather like we have right now but if you do get a scorcher you need to be suitably prepared! Here’s eight tips and tricks to make sure you don’t melt, or burn!
1. Swap your umbrella for a parasol. Especially if you will be spending a lot of time outside in direct sunlight, the shade is your friend.
2. Wear suncream, simples! Chat to your makeup artist about including a high factor SPF in your morning prep and don’t forget your shoulders and arms and to reapply during the day.
3. Remember your sunglasses, because no-one wants a squinty bride!
4. Drink lots of water. We’re not saying forgo the bubbly, but make sure you stay hydrated by alternating the two.
5. Hire an ice cream van – even your local one from down the road – perfect for guests to enjoy whilst mingling after the ceremony.
6. Consider your photographers needs. Shooting your bridal portraits during the hottest time of day when the sun is at it’s highest is not easy. Speak to your photographer and discuss when the best time during the time would be – look for the golden summer evening light and make the most of it.
7. If you’ve chosen an outdoor ceremony remember the sun will be at its strongest from 11am until 4pm so try for a shaded area to protect you and your guests from harsh sunlight.
8. Have a backup plan – because well you know, it’s Northern Ireland, the sun could be here today and gone tomorrow!
Have a great weekend, we don’t need to tell you to make the most of that big ball in the sky!