After a year (maybe years) of planning your Big Day is within touching distance and it’s all becoming very real! Before you head up their aisle there are plenty of last minute tasks to get sorted. Today we’re sharing 27 tasks to complete to ensure your day goes to plan, and with as little stressing as possible!
1. Write a list of everything you have to do. Hopefully you will have finished up with work in plenty of time to give you time to get everything ticked off, if not, don’t worry get your delegating hat on and ask your bridal party, family and friends for help. You’ve come this far in the journey, now is not the time to get stressed out about last minute details.
2. Have a dress rehearsal of your entire bridal look – to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything. Your maids, little bridal party, groom and Mother of the bride should have one too!
3. Break in your wedding day shoes – there’s nothing worse than having to bring out the blister plasters on your Big Day!
4. Have a last minute chat with your venue wedding planner and inform them of any changes to running order of the reception (such as when you plan to cut the cake etc), final numbers, guest dietary requirements and any other outstanding tasks.
5. Forget about work: Possibly easier said than done, but make sure your ‘out of office’ is on and let any work stress stay at work.
6. Get plenty of sleep, it’s the best tonic for looking your best.
7. Read over and say your vows out loud.
8. Pack your overnight bag for the wedding night.
9. Pack your honeymoon luggage.
10. Confirm all readings and performers for ceremony.
11. Have a ceremony rehearsal with all those taking part in attendance – you’d be surprised how many of your bridal party won’t know where to stand on the big day!
12. Tidy up your home (if you live with your fiancé) – there’s nothing worse than arriving home from a blissful honeymoon to a pile of washing, welcome to married life!
13. Make quick last minute calls to your ‘on the day’ suppliers.
14. Enjoy some alone time with your fiancé. Whether it’s a simple movie night at home or a meal out, enjoy some quality time and make it count.
15. Get your nails looking tip tip. All those guests will want to see your wedding rings.
16. Confirm who is collecting decor, flowers and any leftover wedding cake the day after your wedding.
17. Confirm who is returning the grooms party hire suits – this is the perfect task for the Best man.
18. Try to eat healthily and drink plenty of water. You don’t want to feel bloated and sluggish on your wedding day.
19. Chase up any guest who haven’t returned their RSVP – yes it will happen!
20. Sort any final payments that need paid on the day and give to Best man, Maid of Honour or whoever you have chosen to look after this task.
21. Look over seating plan and make any last minute changes.
22. Wrap your grooms wedding day gift and write card or letter.
23. Do exactly the same for your bridesmaids gifts.
24. Pack your on the day survival kit bag. Don’t forget chalk, painkillers and blister plasters.
25. Chat to your bridesmaids and make sure they’re all happy with their tasks and outfits. A special pre-wedding afternoon tea is a great informal and fun way to do this.
26. Leave your overnight bag, wedding decor and wedding cake (if it’s not being delivered by baker) to the reception venue.
27. Take a deep breath and enjoy the process! Yes, you might be busy but this side of planning is all part of the journey and meant to be enjoyable.
If you’re soon to get married, good luck and happy last minute planning!